TCS NextStep: TCS NextStep portal is an exclusive portal for entry level graduates.Candidates looking for a job in TCS must register in next step portal to get the job in Tata Consultancy Services(for both on campus/off campus).
About TCS: Tata Consultancy Services-TCS is an Indian MNC(Multi National Company) which serve IT Service, Consulting & Business solution in 46 Countries worldwide.TCS hires entry level graduates through TCS NextStep online portal.
- Caption: Experience Certainty (Earlier “beyond the obvious’)
- History: TCS was established in 1958 as a division ofTata SonsLimilted. TCS Ltd. got incorporated as a separate entity on January 19, 1995.
- Workforce: TCS has over 276,000 of the world’s best-trained IT consultants in 44 countries.
- Stock Exchanges Listed: NSE, BSE
- Board of Directors: TCS is currently having 11 non-executive & one executive board member.
- Leadership Team: N Chandrasekaran: Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Rajesh Gopinathan: Chief Financial Officer and Vice President
Eligibility For TCS NextStep:
TCS Entry Level Recruitment Classified into two Industries IT (Information Technology), BPS(Business Process Services).Candidates need to choose the industry to depend on their qualification.The detailed eligibility for both industries explained in below
Eligibility Criteria for IT Industry:(TCS NextStep)
- BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech (OR)
- MCA with BCA/B.Com/BA/B.Sc (with Math/Statistics Background) (OR)
- M.Sc in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Minimum aggregate marks of 60% and above in the first attempt in Class X, Class XII, Graduation and Post-Graduation
- All academic courses should be Full Time
- No extended education in any academic course
- No Pending backlogs
- Maximum up to 24 Months break/gap in education is permissible for valid reasons only
- Not more than three years of work experience
Eligible Disciplines in Engineering:(BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech)
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Electronics and Telecommunication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Network Engineering
After selection Engineering & MCA candidates appointed as Associate System Engineer & B.Sc/BCA/Others appointed as service desk and other IT Infrastructure roles
Eligibility Criteria for BPS Industry(TCS NextStep):
Selected candidates in BPS appointed as Management Trainee.The Salary Starts 5.74 LPA (CTC) for fresher’s and increases upwards as per relevant work experience.
- TCS BPS will only hire students pursuing/completed flagship courses(Listed below) offered by the Institute (2 years Full-time MBA/PG Courses)
- Non-engineers – Student needs to have 60 % or above in every educational year from class 10th standard onwards and overall 60% aggregate in all educational year.
- Engineers – Student needs to have 60 % or above in every educational year from class 10th standard onwards and overall 60% aggregate in all educational year.
- Candidate having Education gap of more than two years cannot apply for TCS BPS.
- Candidates who are having backlogs in any of their semesters are not eligible to apply for TCS BPS.
- Candidates with Specializations –HR / Sales/ Marketing/ Finance/ Operations can apply. In case any of any other Specializations will request you to please check with Sajjala.
- Candidates should have willing to relocate to any part of India.
- Candidates should be ready to work in shifts including night shifts.
Flagship Courses List:
- MBA in Operations (2 years course only)
- MBA in Finance(2 years course only)
- MBA in Marketing (2 years course only)
- MBA in IT & Systems(2 years course only)
- MBA in HR
Specialisation for BPS:Operation Management,Quality Management,Marketing,Finance,Human Resources,System/Operations
Note: All the above eligibility criteria is general criteria.Few criteria may change depend on college(On Campus Recruitment)
TCS NextStep Registration Procedure:
- Eligible Candidates visit https://nextstep.tcs.com and click “Register Now.” (Please use desktop or Android Mobile App for Registration-Android App link given below)
- Choose your Discipline “IT” or “BPS” (Please read above eligible criteria before choose)
- Candidates need to choose Campus Applicants(CT) fo On Campus Event, Off Campus Applicants(DT) for Off-Campus Drives-Choose this if they asked
- After Choosing Category enter your details and choose College & degree and submit(Use valid E-Mail Id & Mobile Number)
- Note your DT/CT Reference number for future reference
- An Email with your CT/DT Reference ID and Password as entered by you has been sent to your email ID mention in the Registration Form. Click on “Continue” and enter your password to complete Application Form
- Click on Application Form in the Left Sidebar menu and submit your Personal Details, Academic and Work Experience Details and Other Details ( You need recent digital passport size photograph (in .jpg, .jpeg format) & updated resume in the supported format (.doc/.docx/.rtf/.txt)-Size less than 500KB)
- Download the Application form in PDF format after you submit the form successfully. The PDF form contains a CT/DT Reference number.
Step by step application Procedure with pictures: Step by Step Registration Procedure
On Campus: To attend On-campus event in your college you need to carry application form for selection process
Off Campus: Once TCS announced the off-campus event, you will get a notification to your E-Mail Id.After getting notification login to TCS NextStep portal(Click on Apply for the drive in Left side menu) and select test location and submit the application.Please make changes in your application before applying for the drive once you applied you do not get options to edit.
If you are shortlisted, you will get hall ticket(you can download hall ticket in next step portal).Candidates need to carry Application Form(downloaded from portal), Resume, Hall ticket and academic certificates on the off-campus event date.
Note for 2017 Batch: TCS Announced Off-campus event for 2016 batch in February 2016.So 2017 batch also expect your off campus drive on February/March 2017.So kindly start preparing.We will update TCS Placement Papers as soon as possible.
TCS NextStep Android App:
To get easily connected with TCS NextStep we request candidates to download Nexstep Android App from Google Play store-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextstep.ultimatix.com.nextstep&hl=en
Options Available in Android App:
- My Action: Apply for Recruitment Drives, View & Download Hall Tickets, Accept Offer and Joining letter
- My Documents: Find your downloaded documents for future use.
- Track your Application Status
- Campus Commune & Many